The use and benefits of activated charcoal for acne prone skin,
Growing up is tough, our bodies change and we experience a whole lot of hormonal growth, and it can all be a bit confusing.
Then one day we might wake up with a whole heap of pimples on our face, because, as if we don’t already feel bad enough, right? Unfortunately, it is all part of the growth and development we experience through puberty, but it is natural and completely normal.
Some get more pimples than others and some even experience pimples in their late twenties. But it is okay, we are here to help you!
It is called activated charcoal and we think it will be a game changer.
What is activated charcoal?
Presented in a black powder form, activated charcoal has no smell or taste and is, as you can imagine a form of charcoal, which is usually derived from wood that has been heated to increase its ability to absorb.
Charcoal is a great source to grab and bind substances and is widely used in hospitals for this purpose as charcoal helps carry out toxins. So alternatively, it works to draw out bacteria, chemicals and dirt from your skin
How does it work on skin?
As it draws out bacteria, toxins, chemicals, dirt and anything else harmful on the skin, charcoal works towards helping clear your skin complexion.
As the body does not absorb charcoal, it can work effectively on the surface of your skin, which makes it a very popular ingredient for facemasks to help with skin issues, mainly acne.
So, let’s have a look at the key benefits activated charcoal has on our skin.
The benefits of activated charcoal
Activated charcoal works in great ways to help improve the overall health of the skin, one key feature is the ability to help those with acne prone skin. The benefits of using it in your skin routine include:
- Clears out all the bacteria in acne: just like toxins, it absorbs all the gunk from acne like stale sebum, pus, pollution, dead cells, impurities and bacteria.
- Reduces inflammation: caused by acne, activated charcoal acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Helps with acne scars and blemishes: helps lighten up the skin to help make the skin look clearer and blemish free.
- Acts as an exfoliator: as the activated charcoal sucks all the dirt out it leaves the skin feeling smooth.
- Helps with the appearance of oily skin: activated charcoal reduces the excess oil in the skin and helps to balance the sebum on our skin.
As an absorber of toxins, activated charcoal works with our skin to draw out all the congestion that cause our skin to develop acne.
How to use activated charcoal
The use of activated charcoal on our skin is often used in facial mask form, however, we often don’t have time to do these daily. At Skin Health Science we have a Carbo Daily Cleanser that blends activated charcoal to help remove impurities in our skin.
Teamed up with the REM serum, which features vitamin A, and B, this is a great skin regime to fight acne and have you feeling more confident in your own skin.
By Skin Health Science.