Looking after your skin - the great benefits of vitamin B!
We all have different skin types from dry, sensitive too oily and all these skin types require different topical solutions. These variations in skin care assist to put the glow back in our skin to give it that radiant look and feel.
Known as vitamin B-3, niacinamide is another great skin care essential that can help us all despite the different skin problems we may have, as it has loads of benefits.
So let’s have a look at what vitamin B is, what is niacinamide, the benefits of using vitamin B and how it can be used for maximum benefit.
What is vitamin B?
As a whole, the B-group of vitamins is made up of eight water-soluble vitamins that help with a wide range of body functions, most consumed in our diet.
As for the vitamin B used for our skin, this is known as vitamin B-3 or niacinamide. Vitamin B is used to help with skin visibility to improve enlarged pores, skin tones, wrinkles, redness, dullness and fine lines. Along with vitamin A, this is a standout skin care solution.
What are the benefits of vitamin B for our skin?
The benefits of vitamin B-3 range from the assistance with our digestive system, nervous system and brain function, but we want to focus on the improvements it has on our skin through the use of skincare ranges.
So why should we use vitamin B? What are the noticeable benefits of using it as part of our skin routine?
These benefits include:
- Helps retain moisture - helping with dry skin, along with those who suffer eczema or have mature skin
- Reduces redness - helping those who suffer from blotchy or red skin
- Sun damage protection - helps with the rebuilding of healthy skin cells and protects from UV damage
- Reduces large pores - ensuring skin looks smooth
- Regulates the oils in skin - it doesn’t just help with dry skin but also helps prevent the glands from producing too much oil
- Pigmentation reduction - helps with the appearance of dark spots
- Helps with fine lines and wrinkles - just like the sun damage protection it helps rebuild healthy skin cells to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne treatment - can help with the skin texture and the reduction of acne inflammation
With so many added benefits from the use of vitamin B on our skin, it is a great addition to any skin regime.
The uses and results of vitamin B on the skin
Now you want to find a great skincare range, which uses niacinamide. Some now even contain other ingredients including skin-restoring agents, skin-replenishments and antioxidants for extra benefits.
For the most effective results using niacinamide, leave-on products work the best. These are used twice a day, before sunscreen in the morning and at night after your toners.
When looking for products containing niacinamide, remember it could also be listed as ‘niacin’ or ‘nicotinamide’ on the label of the product.
Although there is no real timeframe of when vitamin B will begin to show improvements on your skin, some research suggests after four weeks you can start to see some results. After eight weeks you should start to see smoother, hydrated and more vibrant skin.
So start today, add vitamin B to your skincare range to get the full benefits so it can start looking even brighter and Fresher!
By Skin Health Science