Different skin types - dry, sensitive, oily - all require different topical solutions. These variations in skincare work to restore the natural glow in our skin to give it that radiant look and feel.
Vitamin B-3, aka Niacinamide, is a great skin care essential with loads of benefits for all skin types, regardless of skin concern.
What is Vitamin B-3?
As a whole, the B-group of vitamins is made up of eight water-soluble vitamins that help with a wide range of body functions, primarily consumed in our diet. The Vitamin B used for our skin is known as Vitamin B-3 or Niacinamide.
Vitamin B-3 is used to help with skin visibility to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, balance skin tone and minimise wrinkles, redness, dullness and fine lines. Along with Vitamin A, Vitamin B-3 is a standout skin care solution.
What are the benefits of Vitamin B-3 for our skin?
Internally, Vitamin B-3 aids with our digestive system, nervous system and brain function.
But we are here to focus on the external benefits and the improvements it has on our skin through the use of skincare ranges.
The noticeable benefits of using Vitamin B-3 as part of our skin routine include:
- Retain moisture - helping with dry skin, along with those who suffer eczema or have mature skin
- Reduce redness - helping those who suffer from blotchy or red skin
- Sun damage protection - helps with the rebuilding of healthy skin cells and protects from UV damage
- Reduce large pores - ensuring skin looks smooth
- Regulate the oils in skin - it doesn’t just help with dry skin but also helps prevent the glands from producing too much oil
- Reduce Pigmentation - helps with the appearance of dark spots
- Helps with fine lines and wrinkles - just like the sun damage protection it helps rebuild healthy skin cells to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne treatment - can help with the skin texture and the reduction of acne inflammation
With so many added benefits from the use of Vitamin B-3 on our skin, it is a great addition to any skin regime.
How to Use Vitamin B-3
When looking for products containing Vitamin B-3, remember it could also be listed as “Niacinamide” ‘Niacin’ or ‘Nicotinamide’ on the label of the product.
For the most effective results using Vitamin B-3, leave-on products work the best. These are used twice a day, before sunscreen in the morning and at night after your toners.
Although there is no real timeframe of when Vitamin B-3 will begin to show improvements on your skin, some research suggests after four weeks you can start to see some results. After eight weeks you should start to see smoother, hydrated and more vibrant skin.
To start today, add our signature REM Serum to your skincare regimen. Niacinamide is one of three powerful actives included in this formulation that works to leave your skin brighter and fresher.